Team DC Intern Position Announcement
Team DC, the Washington, DC region’s non-profit association of LGBT sports clubs seeks two Interns. Those applying should have an interest in Sports or Events Management, Social Media Development and supporting the LGBT community. These positions are unpaid, but would be available for college credit.
Team DC is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization based in the District of Columbia and serves as the association of LGBT sports organizations in the greater Washington, DC metropolitan area.
Social Media Intern
This person will work with the Staff and Board of Team DC on improving the online presence of the organization including:
- Enchance the scope and visibility of the Team DC website (www.teamdc.org)
- Coordinate Social Media accounts into a uniform look and voice (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Help develop social media outlets for new Sponsorship opportunities.
- Help facilitate transformation of Bi-weekly Team DC Sportsgram (3,000+ subscribers) with new platform (Vertical Response).
Events Management Intern
This person will work with Staff to determine the capacity to bid to host Gay Games XI in 2022.
- Review previous Bid for 2014.
- Research Venues for Sports, Cultural and Conference events.
- Create Organizational Chart for potential Bid Organization.
- Develop preliminary materials for potential Bid.
These positions will be supervised by the Executive Director of Team DC. The work will be done off-site, but will require weekly meetings with the Executive Director.
Team DC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.